Tuesday, October 9, 2012

We've Been 'Spookifying'








We live across the street from a river surrounded by beautiful ginormous trees. Last year about this time, there was a huge wind storm. We awoke to the ground littered with tons of branches that had been broken off by the strong gusts. A few houses down from me there was a giant branch in the middle of the road. Halloween decorating was in full swing at my house, and a spooky tree would most certainly finish off the room. My He-Man husband dragged the giant thing home and we 'planted' it in a large pot right in the living room. It fit just like it was made for that spot. The couch rested just perfectly under its boughs and the branches swept around the corner slightly peeking into the hall. We fell in love with that tree branch. When Halloween was over and it was time to move on to Christmas decor, we couldn't bear to see the tree go. It has made itself a permanent fixture in our home. We enjoy decorating it for each season and think it does a fantastic rendition of a Spooky Sleepy Hollow Tree!

4 comments:

  1. I love that tree it was made for that spot and is the perfect touch! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to go stalk the river for a tree. Love the Idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks, I'll keep my eyes open for a good one!

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS