Monday, December 3, 2012

Bedtime Stories


 When I was a child growing up,
every Christmas Eve my dad would read us
 The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.
 We'd all pile on the couch next to him and listen, waiting for our favorite scenes.
 He had special voices for all the characters.
 Cindy Lou Who had a teeny tiny voice, which was comical coming from my dad,
 and of course the Grinch was quite sinister and grinchy.
My sisters and I loved this tradition,
 even when we became teenagers we still insisted upon this same routine!

 I carried on a similiar tradition with my own family.
Each Christmas Eve we unwrap cozy pajamas and a new Christmas Book.
 We write the year in the front cover, pile on the couch in our PJ's,
and Kenny reads to the family.

The kids love to get these books out each year.
We try to read one of the books from our collection each night throughout December.


Tonight we will be reading this darling book.

It is a fun meaningful story filled with wonderful illustrations!

Later after the kids are all tucked in bed,
 I have plans to sit by the tree and listen to This and This

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS